Lunch Money Rocks when Springtime at the Garden Rolls on Saturday, March 22
[Columbia, SC] — Visit Riverbanks Botanical Garden on the first Saturday of spring and dig into a new growing season during Riverbanks’ annual Springtime at the Garden festival on Saturday, March 22.
Whether you’re an experienced planter, a budding grower or just looking for a fun way to kick off the season, Springtime at the Garden offers something for everyone:
- Liven up your lawns and learn a few tricks of the trade from Riverbanks’ expert horticulture staff and Clemson Extension’s Master Gardeners.
- Shop from a number of select vendors who will be on-site selling items such as plants, gardening tools, yard décor and hand-crafted jewelry.
- Get in the growing groove with the Indie-style tunes of Lunch Money. Performances are scheduled at 10:30am and 12:30pm.
- Discover simple ways to eat fresh and healthy as Earthfare dishes out delish meal ideas. Cooking demonstrations are scheduled at 12:00pm and 2:00pm.
- Let your little sprouts go wild with a bouquet of kid-friendly entertainment including bug hunts, a bounce house, a magic show (11:45am) and more.
Also, new this year, Riverbanks’ horticulturists will get to the root of one of the most frequently asked questions, "What should I plant in my yard?” While there isn’t any one correct answer, Riverbanks is poised to announce its preferred picks with the unveiling of an official top 10 list that will be on display for the first time at Springtime. These plants have proven track records and will work well in any garden to keep any landscape from lacking.
Springtime at the Garden will take place — rain or shine — from 9am to 4pm in the Botanical Garden. All activities are free with paid general admission to Riverbanks Zoo and Garden.
PR Department: 803.602.0840